10 Yealey Drive Florence, KY 41042
859-282-3333

Thursday, March 17, 2022

 Yealey Families

I hope you've had a great week.  It has been awesome here.  I wore a shamrock shirt this week that said "Luckiest Principal Ever" and as kids would read it I'd ask them if they knew I was the luckiest because of them.  I really do feel that way - you have great kids and I'm lucky to spend time with them each week.  A first grader told me "Well, you're the happiest principal ever." and I told him he might be right.  I think that's my next shirt!

This week I've spent time with some first graders working on reading skills.  I love seeing them turn that corner and become more fluent readers.  I've also spent time with some kindergartners working on making ten.  That is such an important concept for the rest of their math classes as it's the base of our number system.  

Next week we have Kindergarten registration for next year's kindergartners on Tuesday March 22nd.  Please spread the word in your neighborhoods or with any family and friends.  It really is helpful to as many kindergarten students register as possible. We would love to see everyone register and come to our Kinder Camp!

I hope you all have a great weekend!  See you Monday.

Mrs. Turner



No comments:

Post a Comment