10 Yealey Drive Florence, KY 41042
859-282-3333

Friday, September 22, 2023

 Yealey Families,

It's been a great week at school.  I have so enjoyed the classrooms I've been in this week.  I saw 2nd graders writing paragraphs and 1st graders figuring out how to build a tool to solve a problem.  I also know that in Spanish class the kindergarten students have been learning who I am in Spanish and how to address me.  To my enjoyment they haven't quite mastered that yet but I love where they're going with it.  I've been stopped several times this week to hear either, "I know you, you're the princibull" (read it how it's spelled) or my personal favorite, "I know what you do, you're the queen."

We are still searching for a minority parent rep for our SBDM council.  If you are interested, please email me at renee.turner@boone.kyschools.us.  Per our bylaws and state laws, Minority members must be American Indian; Alaskan native; African American; Hispanic, including persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Central or South American origin; Pacific Islander; or other ethnic group underrepresented in the school.  We also are looking for someone to replace Jamie Peck on council as she as been hired at school and can't serve as a parent rep any more.  If you are interested please email me. 

Thank you to everyone who helped PTA with their tie dye event.  It was messy but fun and I know they appreciated all that were willing to get in the mess with them!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Mrs. Turner



No comments:

Post a Comment