10 Yealey Drive Florence, KY 41042
859-282-3333

Friday, September 4, 2020

 Good Afternoon Yealey Families,

I hope you have all had a great week.  It has been awesome for me to be back in the building.  I have enjoyed the few times this week I've been able to pop into google meets and see the kids. They are really doing a great job.  I know there have been moments of stress and some major adjustments but I really hope that you all realize you're doing great.  All we can do is try our best, stay positive and support each other.  If you need anything, please reach out we are here to help as best we can.  I also have been focusing this week on highlighting the positive for the staff.  If you would like to help with that, please complete this form to give a shout out! https://forms.gle/xByYYhLWtmf7u4zv7  I will be printing them and posting them to our positivity board!

Now that we have reached September, the district has begun making plans for our return to hybrid instruction.  We are very excited about this and can’t wait until the 28th when all hybrid students will be returning to some in-person instruction.  As part of the return to school plan, the district has asked that we begin on 9/14/20 bringing in small groups of students who are in the transition years – Kindergarten, 1st, 6th and 9th graders.  We have to follow guidelines set forth by KDE which include wearing masks, having 2 hour time maximums, and groups of 10 or less (including teachers).  So we are going to be able to bring back our Kindergarten and 1st grade hybrid students for a total of 4 hours of activities where we can teach them how to do school – how they will come in off the bus, how we will take their temps, how to enter the classrooms and participate in class, restroom breaks, hallway transitions, etc. The elementary time slot is 1:30 – 3:30 and bus services will be provided.   I am so excited about this opportunity to give our smallest learners the time and space to practice these new procedures.  Kindergarten and 1st grade families will receive a separate email detailing the schedule and bus information next week.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

I hope you all find a way to safely celebrate the Labor Day Weekend.  I know we are planning some more golf practice for me and as much time together as a family we can find between kids' work schedules.  I will just enjoy being outside - soaking up all the fresh I can while I can!

Have a great weekend,

Mrs. Turner



 


No comments:

Post a Comment